From a shamanic point of view, soul loss is looked at as an illness – a part of our vital essence leaves the soul due to: trauma in our life, grief, coma, accident, immune deficiency issues, chronic pain, addiction – those things the psyche cannot endure. In psychology this is usually referred to as “disassociation”. However, in psychology what is not spoken of is the “disassociated” fragmented soul part – where do it go?
During a soul retrieval the shaman enters an altered state of consciousness. With the assistance and guidance of the shaman’s helping spirits he/she:
· tracks down the fragmented soul part that fled or “disassociated”
· returns with the fragmented soul part in its purest form
· returns the pure fragmented soul part back to the body of the client
The client’s soul is whole again.
This is a five-day workshop that is usually taught in two separate weekends - two days each plus two evenings. It is designed for those individuals who wish to bring shamanic healing techniques into their practice for others. Class construct: teaching, demonstration and hands-on experiential work. Participants are trained to work with:
· issues of soul loss
· exploring the experience of fragmented soul loss resulting from personal
trauma and illnesses
· learning how to track a person’s fragmented soul and returning it to that individual
· emphasis being placed on integrating the complete healing process into modern-day society
· developing communication skills for the practitioner to tell healing stories to clients based upon information received from their helping spirits
· focusing on life after soul retrieval – how to help clients create a healthier life after the healing has taken place
Please note: This workshop meets requirements for Sandra Ingerman’s Teacher Training.
Students attending this workshop must have strong journey skills and a solid relationship with their power animals and teachers in non-ordinary reality. This is essential for participation. Please do not enroll if you are not confident with your journeying skills. This workshop is not intended for those who are seeking personal healing, or those individuals who are not having success with journeying.
· Must have completed a Shamanic Journey Workshop
· Must have solid journeying skills as well as strong bonds with power animals and teachers in non-ordinary reality.
· Must complete the Soul Retrieval Workshop Application (linked below) to allow Katy to determine if this Workshop is right for you at this time.